The only chance to view in Europe this long distance migrant from Asia, coming to nest at the westernmost limit of its breeding range.
The lake Durankulak is the breeding home to around 120 pairs of this delightful eastern melodious mimic.
In May you can also see, Pygmy Cormorant, the desmaresti sub-species of Shag, Glossy Ibis, Purple and Squacco Herons, Little Bittern, Ferruginous Duck, Bee-eater, Roller, Hoopoe, Red-backed and Lesser Grey Shrikes, Penduline and Bearded Tits, Balkan Wagtail, Tawny Pipit, Calandra and Short-toed Larks, birds of prey (including Red-footed Falcon, Long-legged and Honey Buzzards, Levant Sparrowhawk, Booted and Lesser Spotted Eagles), Little Crake, Moustached, Marsh, Savi's, Olive-tree, Olivaceous and Barred Warblers, Red-Rumped Swallow, Alpine Swift, Syrian Woodpecker and other unusual passerines like Rose-coloured Starling, Pied, Isabelline and Black-eared Wheatears, Ortolan, Black-headed and Corn Buntings, thousands of waders including Collared Pratincole, Stone Curlew, Black-winged Stilt, Kentish Plover, Marsh, Curlew and Broad-billed Sandpipers, Temminck's Stint, Gull-billed, Caspian, Little, Sandwich and the three species of Marsh Terns, Pontic and Mediterranean Gulls, Yelkouan Shearwater, etc.
The best time of year to view and hear Paddyfield Warbler is during the months of May and June.
Programme may be adapted to your schedule.Cost::
- Three-night stay, for only Euro 325.00 (not including flights) - Base: 2 Pax
- Four-night stay, for only Euro 395.00 (not including flights) - Base: 2 Pax
- Five-night stay, for only Euro 475.00 (not including flights) - Base: 2 PaxSingle person supplement: € 95,-
- Half-board staying at Branta Birding Lodge.
- Packed lunches except for days 1 and last.
- Collection from and return to Varna airport.
- Full day trips from our base to outstanding local birdwatching locations including one-day excursion to Romanian wetlands.
- Your knowledgeable guide who speaks fluent English and French and lives locally.* Promotional statement:
We offer a 5 percent discount to anyone who books a place (and sends deposit) by 31 December.